Sunday, May 27, 2007

Catching up!

I haven't written for a long while because I've been traveling. Right now I am in Calcutta, India, with Gypsy Gibbs, the WCS Director for Asia.

Last week we had a conference in Bangalore for teachers in the Christian schools. They came from all parts of India. All of these teachers have given their lives to teaching the poor children of this great country. I always come away feeling as though I have learned as much from them as they have from me.

For example, Manju has taken it upon herself to teach 14 children of different ages in Goa, one of the most beautiful regions of India. She says that they are all at the same educational level. Manju and her students meet under a tree and have their classes there. If it were not for this lovely young woman, the children would have no opportunity for schooling.

We were in Bangalore just at the beginning of the monsoon rains. A principal of a school told me that when the rains come her constant prayer is that the walls of her school will not collapse into the mud.

I truly hope that these wonderful people will write and tell all of us their stories. The work they do is so very important and the needs are truly great.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home