Thursday, January 08, 2009

A new poem by sierra shae gibbs

Canine Syndrome
January 8, 2009, 5:25 am


I nuzzle my face into my dog’s belly
Her fur is soft and soothes my bruised cheek
I wrap my arms around her head
Stoking her ears and massaging her temples
I think she enjoys it; she moans
And leans closer to me

I inhale, and her dog-scent sails through my chest
Smelling faintly of raindrops and dead leaves,
A woodsy perfume that bathes my lungs,
Releasing all of the day’s tensions
From my sore muscles; her warmth
Alleviates my aching heart.

I gaze at her marble eyes,
Clear as a starry summer night sky in the country.
Reality disappears for a moment
And all I see are two midnight globes staring back
They’re about the same color, too;
A dark violet-blue that makes me swoon

My dog pulls the knives out of my chest, one by one.
Gently so the blade doesn’t strike a vital organ
She can’t pull them all out; some I’m still holding onto
But that’s ok, she did what she could.
Then she licks my ripped up torso thoroughly,
Cleaning my wounds and scars

copyright 2009 sierra shae gibbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home