Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sad story from our partner in Myanmur!




Many of those children become orphans after losing their parents in the cyclone or the flood. One girl I met told me “I have three other siblings. Both my parents use to work on our agricultural farm where we grow crops for sell. We were happy family. We have nothing much, but ourselves and that was enough to keep us happy. Suddenly, everything change, and here I am, with nothing. My parents and siblings are all gone.

That evening, I went to bed and when I woke up, I find myself in pitch dark, blown and thrown away by strong winds above and carried away by the flood water underneath my bodies. I shouted, but none respond. I got hit by several hard object (or I hit them) and finally, I was able to hold onto one of those and it turn out to be a palm tree. I hold on there in my refusal to be thrown by the flood and storm. I am glad I persisted or else I would have been death by now. When things calm down, I looked for my parents and sibling, but I could not find, except my younger sibling. Her body was stuck between two broken branches.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home