Friday, March 02, 2007

Basketball

I have seen four basketball games in the space of two days. I really have never liked watching basketball games. In fact, I decided in my freshman year at college that I would never date a boy who enjoyed basketball because I might marry him and then have to watch that game forever.

But our grandson, Matt, now is a high school sophomore who is a "starter" for the varsity team at Northwest Christian High School in Spokane. The schools are playing the state finals at the arena and I never miss watching them. It is funny how one's interests change.

High school sports now seem to me to be extremely important, if they are managed well. A young boy or girl can learn cooperation, team playing, and even learn to fail. Those of us who did not play had to learn those things on our own.

But I still would rather read a good book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home